Forrest City Public Library was established in 1921 when a group of local women, known as the Community Service Circle, gathered together a total of five hundred donated books. Unfortunately, this first library was forced to close after a couple of years due to a lack of funding. The library moved to its new home at 421 S. Washington Street in April of 1939 at a cost of $25,000.
Today, the library is open over forty hours per week. The original 1939 building is still in use, though there is now some 4,200 square feet of space.
Forrest City Library Website
October 2019 Flyer